Covid-19 Hat & Body Protector Fittings
Barnstaple Equestrian Supplies Covid-19 Rider Hat and Body Protector Fitting Procedure
We have carefully assessed whether the fitting of a riding hat or body protector during the Corona pandemic is necessary, we have decided that we are able to legally and safely offer a riding hat and body protector fitting service. By following our Covid-19 riding hat and body protector fitting procedure, we are able to comply with the current Government and our trade association (BETA) Guidelines.
- Fittings will only be carried out by Gilly Payne, who is our most experienced fitter.
- Fittings are offered on an appointment basis. If you turn up without an appointment and we feel we cannot comply with our procedure, we will ask you to return after making an appointment.
- You confirm that you and anyone your bring, have not been ill or suffered from any corona symptoms for 14 days prior to your appointment, or knowingly been in contact with someone who has.
- Due to the nature of fitting we might need to be closer than the 2m rule so PPE will need to be worn by both you and your fitter. You can bring your own PPE or we do have some if required. You will be asked to take these away with you to dispose of away from our site. If you refuse to wear PPE then this means we will be unable to be closer than the 2m rule.
- You may bring 1 other member of your household. This person can assist with any close contact.
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE OR PHONE US ON 01271 850278
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Prior to your appointment, we will establish the style and size of your preferred product.
Here Charles Owen Riding Hats show us how to measure your head.
- We will have a selection of preferred products ready, thereby minimising the appointment time. You can view our range of riding hats and body protectors on our website
Airowear Body Protectors
Champion Equestrian Wear
Charles Owen Riding Hats
Dublin Riding Hats
Samshield Riding Hats
KEP Riding Hats
- We ask that you are wearing long sleeves and trousers.
ARRIVING AND DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Prior to coming into the store you need to santize your hands.
- Just inside on the right there is a designated area for you to stand whilst undertaking the appointment. We may also carry out fittings outside if weather allows.
- You will be asked to remain in the designated fitting area during your appointment.
- We will start by confirming your requirements.
- We will aim to conduct fittings outside of the 2m rule and only if we feel we need to be closer will we do so, with your agreement and the donning of PPE.
- We will ask you to place hats tried on to one side and the one you are selecting, for you to take to our till yourself to avoid us touching any hats you have tried on.
- We have a form for you to sign confirming satisfaction in the fitting of the item.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Any items you have touched are placed to one side, these are then left and not returned to the shop floor until the items have been sanitised.
- Any PPE is either sanitised if possible or disposed of in a specific PPE bin which is placed in front of our other waste bins.
- Finally we hope you enjoy your new purchase.
Attending your appointment is acceptance of the above terms.